These are the terms that govern your use of this site. There’s some important stuff you really need to know, because these terms apply to your participation in our online community (whether you’re registered, contributing content or just browsing). We may change these terms now and then (and may or may not let you know we have), so check them regularly.
Using the website
These terms govern your use of thelinuxterminal.com (the site), so please read them carefully. The terms may change from time to time, so check them regularly.
No commercial use of this site is permitted. You may use the site for personal, non-commercial purposes only.
If you are under the age of 18 you need your parents’ permission before using the site or registering.
KEEP IT LEGAL. We’ll delete posts defaming others, posting porn, ticket scalping, plotting illegal activities, or posting other people’s private information, and ban the poster.
KEEP IT CLEAN. Strong language has no place here. You won’t be able to use profanities and creative alternatives will be deleted.
KEEP IT RELEVANT. This is a IT & C website. We can’t support off-topic discussions and will remove them.
We remind you that our site is designed, suitable and intended for people who are over 18, and should not be used by anyone under this age.
Prohibited content. You must ensure that your content does not contain anything that breaches any laws or rights, including by:
- defaming any person
- breaching any intellectual property rights
- containing commercial advertising
- containing excessively coarse language or content which would be rated R, RC or X by the Australian Classification Board (see www.classification.gov.au)
We reserve the right to remove posts/comments that:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Contain links to other websites which break our editorial guidelines
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be ‘spam’, that is posts containing the same, or similar, message posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the particular message board
Note: You may find different “types” of software on this website. In 80 % of those cases, that software is also everywhere on the Internet. The big exception comes from our sold scripts, that should be used only by security professionals.
Reporting copyright infringements
If you believe that any content on our site infringes your copyright, please notify us by providing a DMCA notice here.
At the Subject line please write: DMCA notice
Your notification must include the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or works you believe have been infringed and the holder of the copyright if you are acting on their behalf;
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing including its location on the site;
- Your contact information including name and address, e-mail and telephone number;
- A statement that:
- you believe in good faith that the use of the material was not authorised by the owner of the work, its agent, or the law;
- the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorised to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- you acknowledge that the notice will be sent to the user who uploaded the material at issue.
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorised to act on their behalf.
Upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice, TheLinuxTerminal will as soon as possible remove the infringing material.