Install BackTrack to Disk
NOTE: It is recommended that you have a minimum of 20 GB free disk space to install Backtrack!
- Boot the Backtrack Live Environment.
- At the bash prompt, type startx to enter the GUI.
- Double click the Install Backtrack.sh on the desktop
- Let’s run through the installer step by step:
- We select our language, in this case English and then click the Forward button.
- Here we select out geographical location (The Region and Time Zone) and click Forward.
- Chose your keyboard layout. We are going to leave it the default which is USA and click Forward.
- Now it’s time to partition the Disk, for a full Disk installation we choose the “Erase and use the entire disk” option and click Forward.
WARNING: Sometimes the installer will get stuck at difference percentages, leave it for a while as it will move on.
- Hit the Restart Now button, and enjoy Backtrack!
- After the reboot, you can log in with the default username root and password toor. Do not forget to change this default root password by issuing the passwd command.
- As you can see the splash screen disappeared after the reboot. In order to fix it just run fix-splash, and the splash screen will appear on the next boot.